Saturday, January 12, 2013

Feelin' pretty good about everything.

I finally found the right insurance. Thank Goodness. I've been arguing with my insurance agency to get me the right coverage and after three years of paying for an "Artisan" policy, the best thing they could come up with was a "Commercial" policy. So I started searching around myself online. I found that "Artisan" means going to multiple jobsites every day. Not true. The commercial policy they recommended has questionnaires that ask: Is this a start-up business? How long have you been in business? There were so many requirements and restrictions that it seemed like there were too many reasons not to get it, plus a high deductible. I just knew there had to be a policy written for us RV'ers that stay out on the road. I found a "Full-Timer's RV policy" through GMAC. It covers my truck, my RV, contents, traveling, RV parts, towing, rental vehicles, they won't leave my trailer on the side of the road if I need towed, etc. A policy that is tailor-made for the full-time RV'er. Like a home-owner's policy: it covers the park-lot that I camp in, contents of a shed, liability if someone falls out my door; nearly every contingency. It's expensive: I knew it would be and I wasn't worried about that. I just wanted the right policy. Also, they will correspond with me by email instead of unreasonably requiring me to receive postal mail. They understand! They "Get It". OMG! Finally! Weirdly enough: it even covers my canopy - which I just replaced last year for $1,100. AND: diminishing deductible, 25% off my deductible every year without a claim. By now I'd have no deductible if I'd found this coverage in the beginning. I spoke with a licensed insurance expert to find all this out. I'm so pleased. Now, I just have to cancel my current insurance. I've already paid for 6 months of the new insurance, starting Feb 1. My current insurance doesn't run out until April. Now, back to studying. The exam is in: 10 Days! OMG! Have a wonderful weekend. Oh, by the way - it's supposed to hit 60 degrees here today. I'm opening the cabin up for some long overdue fresh air. Put on a sweater and get to studying! MsAmber

No comments: