Saturday, January 19, 2013

3 days until exam

I am taking the RCDD exam on Tuesday. I really hope I've studied enough. I am having a real hard time retaining the knowledge. So many numbers, so many vocabulary words, and so much fluffy, useless information that it distracts from the facts I'm supposed to remember. I wish they would hire me to fact-check and rewrite the TDMM. I would be really good at it. In one chapter they say that Insertion Loss will now be referred to as Attenuation, but throughout they use Attenuation as a generic term - not specifically referring to Insertion Loss. And I've found that I really need to go back to school and take algebra...and I feel this strange compulsion to write letters of apology to all my former algebra teachers for not paying attention in class. I didn't hate algebra for being too hard; I hated it because I thought I'd never need it. Seemed like a waste of time. Ha ha ha ha haaaa. Today, I am taking a break from studying and going to the Architectural Artifacts place in Toledo. They claim to have over 30,000 square feet of old building salvage. Windows, doors, mantels, etc: from old buildings that were being demolished or renovated. I love old buildings and the way they were made. We just don't build in quality or unique fixtures anymore - I've been wanting to see this place for several weeks. I need to get dressed in something nice, but warm and comfy. I don't think I have that particular combination in my wardrobe. Maybe I'll just mix it up and go looking like Cyndi Lauper. OMG, I'm so funny today. I am a little excited, a little guilty that I'm wasting precious study-time, and a little tanked on Coffee - it's only 6:45 a.m. here, and I'm already bouncing off the walls. You have a wonderful weekend. Peace, Love, and Understanding. MsAmber

No comments: