Saturday, May 07, 2011

Talking everybody out of the blues...

Everyone I know, just about, has called me within the last week. I've spent time, energy, attention, and words to try and talk them out of their blues.

My private little joke is to tell everyone to open up their windows and doors because they all have carbon-monoxide poisoning...

Brother is blue: He is crosswise with his pregnant fiance.
Rob is feeling blue over finances.
Tayla is feeling blue over not being pregnant.
Ellen is feeling blue and wants to come stay with me with her two babies (she imagines that my life is all rainbows and sparkles).
Joe S. calls me and seems to have a special knack for being blue.
Father has called.
Jerry has called.
Dandelion called upset because Rob made her think I was considering putting Megabyte down prematurely...

I'm feeling a little harried and bluish myself. Megabyte is really in pain and it hurts my feelings to see him hurting. That's the most pressing issue on my mind right now.

I don't mean to sound selfish or uncaring, but I don't have the energy right now to lift everyone else up. I am crying every day myself.

Megabyte can't exercise enough to work up a bowel movement, so he gets stopped up for several days. When he finally had a bm on Tuesday, he messed all over himself and I had to wash it off. It's been four days since then, and Meg hasn't had another bm yet. I know he's miserable. I just keep giving him pain pills and making him go pee twice a day and petting him often. I can't emotionally handle the misery of my best friend - even if he is just a dog. He wakes me up several times in the night with his high-pitched crying. I can't tell too much of a difference between on-the-pain-pills and off, except that he can sometimes just fake a good mood and tail wagging session, but he pays for it later.
My dog makes me want to cry all the time.

I don't have a close friend to depend on for solid, encouraging, uplifting advice.

I just feel so alone.

I wanna go home. (Where is that exactly?)

I don't know how I'm going to get past this.

MsAmber

1 comment:

Mark Crabtree said...

Amber,

Hey! I hate to hear Megabyte is dealing with the pain, give him a big hug for us, and some advise i'll give you that my crazy Grandpaw told me " BOY!...Keep that chin UP and your toes Straight! and you'll quit steppin in that mess! " well i put mess cause i didn't want to curse on here ha hah well anyways you ought to call us sometimes old friend.