Thursday, May 05, 2011

Spokane, Washington

I left the RV in Great Falls. Megabyte and I left Tuesday afternoon and drove over here to Spokane, Washington for the week. I am assisting in a Valcom IP paging installation.

Next week, I leave the RV in Montana again while I fly to Tuscaloosa Alabama to attend all-day meetings. Then I'll fly back to Great Falls and wrap things up there and drive the rig down to Tuscaloosa to kick that job off.

I should be in Tuscaloosa for the Summer anyway.

Megabyte isn't doing too well. His pain level must be excruciating. He cries a lot. That is so unusual for him, he has the patience and temperance of a Saint. It makes me frantic and sad to hear him cry - but he always smiles and wags his tail when he sees me. I know his time is coming, I just can't stand the thought of losing him.

I'm in a fancy hotel here in Spokane - an office suite. The television is like 55 inches or so. I actually ran myself a bubble bath and took my time shaving my legs. I've only had the TV on the music channel, so it's not like I watch the thing. This is the most money I've ever spent on a hotel - the boss made my reservations - so I'm just luxuriating in it while it lasts. I know I wouldn't have chosen such fancy accommodations. But I have to admit - it is nice.

I have so much reading to do. The RCDD exam is on July 11th, so I have to read the TDMM - which is HUGE (I've read it before). I'm studying to take the PMP test (unscheduled as yet), I'm reading the TSIP for the CITS projects, the Valcom IP solutions manual, and I'm going to receive the SOW for the VA project in Tuscaloosa.
Most of the stuff I'm reading is fat with redundant paragraphs and unnecessarily wordy and boring. I'm just going to have to suck it up and get it over with. It's a good thing I'm a fast reader - I bet I'm looking at 3000 pages or so that I have to absorb in little more than a month. Yeah, over a hundred pages a day need to be read in order to get it all done...
On top of my regularly-scheduled work.

I'm going to have to buy a nice professional outfit of clothes for the meetings in Tuscaloosa. Unfortunately, I'm a freakin' retard when it comes to style. (sigh...)

It's 6:40 a.m. and I need to curl my hair and get going to work. You have a great day.
Mwah.
MsAmber

No comments: