Sunday, September 12, 2010

My attitude seems to be better today.

I woke up and it appears as though I'm calmer today. So far so good.

I'm drinking my coffee and checking emails. I opened the front door and the window beside my desk. I do love Louisiana in the morning. It's still cool outside, but it does get hot here during the day. I think it might stay overcast today. It feels very humid. Soupy.
I never minded the heat and humidity since I get up early, I heat up with the day.
I spent the entire day indoors yesterday. That's what I don't like. Hiding inside with the air conditioning. Makes me feel like I lost a whole day.

I would like to stop smoking and be able to run again. I'm not sure I can run anymore without gasping for air. I'm too young to feel this damned old.

My insurance agent has added the new truck to my policy. Now I'm paying $2k a year for auto insurance. I asked her to add the rv weeks ago, still haven't heard anything and the rv insurance is due for renewal on the 15th. Do I pay it to keep coverage or do I nag at my agent on Monday and do a rush-rush? I still have to come up with $1100 to pay for tags on the truck. Yep, wish there were two of me.

Crazy squirrel (aka: Freydis) is calming down nicely. She comes and retrieves her Apple Jacks cereal straight out of my fingers. She isn't afraid anymore. In fact: she's getting downright bold.
Megabyte is having mouth problems again. I have to get more antibiotics from the vet next week when I get back to Altus.

I'm trying to figure out if I should sell the van, or put it in storage, or trade it to Jerry for the 1999 F-250 with the v-10 engine and 200,000 miles? I'm supposed to take a look at the 1999 Ford when I pass through Ardmore next Thursday: give it a test-drive and think about it. Still, that doesn't put cash in my bank and I still have the problem of two vehicles and one driver. But if it's more salable than the van, it might be a good idea. That van wouldn't blue-book for much, but it's definitely worth $5k. I really don't want to get rid of it. The only thing wrong is the paint is peeling off in places. Otherwise it's solid - only 80,000 miles. I've put a lot of extras on it.
Another thing: it carries a lot more than the truck. It will hold my toolboxes and an entire IPDA installation. Seven-foot racks and ten-foot ladder racks and all the other equipment. The truck will not - it only has a 6 1/2 foot bed.
Makes me want to keep it. At least I know it's reliable.

Well, I really need a shower, so I'm off.
Have a great day.
MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stop smoking without God's help, so I prayed and asked for it. Nothing happened until I made a public commitment. Then,
I began to feel His power working on my cravings. This has been over thirty years ago and I never took it up again.