Saturday, July 24, 2010

Too bored...

I got out the dremel last night and polished all my jewelry. I sorted through all the lagniappe and threw away pieces-parts of broken jewelry and mismatched earrings. I was about to throw away an old silver filigree and coral ring that I've never gotten to shine, but since I was bored, I took the dremel to it. I'm glad I didn't toss it. It looks very nice now. Boy, a dremel tool is cool! I obsessed with it for 5 hours last night. I have a pair of earrings that I haven't worn since 1997, but since they shined up, I have them on now.

The flies around here are awful. Little biting flies. I try to get them, but they are elusive little buggers. As soon as I pick up the flyswatter, they disappear. As soon as I'm trying to concentrate on something else, they buzz my face or bite my ankles. Aargh! Freakin' flies!

I think I'm going to give up on the computer tower. It has a browser hijacker that has been evading all attempts at finding and destroying. In fact, by fixing an error, I think I've fixed the hijacker. It's working wonderfully. It opens browser pages and redirects me to advertising pages perfectly! If I ever meet the programmer...
Anyway, the point is, I'm going to force myself to work exclusively off this laptop. Vista and all. I need to set up my Outlook and VPN account for work on this thing. I will slowly and surely get all my personal files transferred over. Just waiting for a rainy day...
I need to hook this thing up to the docking station, though. I can't stand a laptop keyboard. I keep touching the stupid touchpad - I'll just be typing along and find that my cursor has jumped to the middle of the previous sentence. Also, the screen on this laptop is glossy, it reflects too much. I need to either: hook up my monitor, or black-out the room.

Well, I'm going to go sand on my cedar chest for a while. It's nice and breezy outside today. I also need to go pick up my laundry.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: