Tuesday, May 18, 2010

...and the project begins.

Mike and I did our walk-through yesterday. This job is going to be as perfect as I can possibly make it.
There are requirements for inspections and random testing. I have to keep a log of all wall penetrations. Ten-foot service loops at each end, support every 5 feet, a drop density of three cables per 60 square feet, complete clean-up nightly, split the bundles and terminate from left and right, perfection, perfection, perfection. I love it. If I have a good crew, this should be the acme of installs. I've made my notes of subjects to discuss, and written down today's goals.

I do have a spot of great news:

Yesterday morning, I went and met with my neighbor Ernest(with the dogs), and asked him for a dog-whistle. I mentioned that I wouldn't mind helping him to train them not to bark, as I will be working nights and sleeping days. He seemed fairly receptive to the idea. When I walked Megabyte, they went into hysterical barking, so we just stood there and let them wear themselves out. I went to work at 10. When I arrived back home at 3, I walked near their cage and they barked, so I told them to hush and they did. I was really surprised.
This morning, Ernest knocked on my door, and I told him that the dogs are doing great, I told them to hush and they did, and I was happy about that. He told me that at lunch yesterday he bought a barking-trainer. It's a birdhouse that hangs from the tree and when the dogs bark, it emits an annoying sound. It works great, the boys have stopped their incessant barking. I thanked him and told him it was working wonderfully. I'm so happy! That was so nice of him. The problem is solved and Ernest and I aren't enemies. Isn't that cool?

The only obstacle left to peace-and-quiet is the shrew with the toddler. It turns out that the toddler isn't the noisy one, it's his mother. She has such a grating, loud nature. She hollers at the kid like she doesn't like him. Quit! Stop! No! Don't! --- Just like a shrew. She's pregnant, and smokes cigarettes worse than me. You should hear her coughing and hacking in the morning. Ugh!

Oh well. C'est la vie.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: