Monday, May 17, 2010

Sometimes, everything is hilarious.

So I called around at the three rv parks here in Altus. Only one seemed to have plenty of space, but the lady didn't know. She walked around and called me back. She said she and her husband just bought the place and was still quite new at it.
I got here and took a look at the two spaces she had thought of for me.
I decided on one with a big tree, got permission to cut a branch off, and wiggled my rv into the spot.

My sewer line runs over to my front yard, the water is located at the front right corner, only the electricity is in it's proper place. I got set up, and only then did I realize that the two gigantic barking dogs next to me never shut up and the family right behind me have a screaming toddler. This will be fun! We will be working nights and sleeping during the day.
I shall invest in ear plugs, I'm sure.


Today, Mike and I will go get our badges and do our walk-through. He is the PM, but he's still obligated to another project, so I'll pretty much be running the thing. He stopped by my rv last night and we sat out on the patio and discussed important matters such as: fill ratios, working hours, the location of the nearest Wal-Mart, etc.
I am really very glad to be back on a project. I was getting a little stir-crazy.


It's 6:00 am, I was awakened by the cacophony of hundreds of birds singing in the tree that overhangs my bedroom. Now that it's starting to get daylight, they seem to have simmered down a bit.

I think I will invest in a dog-whistle. It seems the best solution to the barking dogs next door. They spend the day in a 10X10 chain-link kennel, and they are huge black labs. Their owner didn't show up until 9:00 last night. I'll just train the damn things. Wish me luck.

Well, today has begun, you have a wonderful one.
MsAmber

No comments: