Thursday, December 03, 2009

Okay, I'm blogging one week at a time now.

On Monday, November 30th, I hitched up in Lafayette, Louisiana and drove to Tuscaloosa, Alabama (412 miles). On Tuesday I did the walk-through meeting at the VA. Wednesday morning I refilled a propane tank and got the oil-changed in the van and raised the hitch. Then I rigged up and drove to Norman, Oklahoma (738 miles). It rained nearly all the way to Little Rock, Arkansas. I pulled in to Norman at 2:30 this morning. It is now 9 a.m. and I just hooked up the water so I can have a shower and I'm drinking my coffee. I need to wake up just a little more so I can go in to work.
Man, am I tired. Pulling a trailer in the rain just drains me - plus I have a caffeine hangover. I drank black coffee all day long yesterday. It's cold here, there is frost on the ground. That's why I didn't hook up the water last night when I set up the camper. I didn't want my hose to freeze. It was 35 degrees inside the camper last night so I fired up the furnace and I'll bet it ran for two hours straight to get it up to 65. I didn't stay up to wait for it. I turned on my heating pad and curled up and went to sleep.
I DID learn something though. I had traded mattresses with Chad to see about making more room in the RV and lightening the load a little. We moved the Sealy Posturpedic into his house and I got his Tempurpedic. That Tempurpedic mattress is temperature sensitive. When it's cold, it's hard as a rock. The place where I turned on the heating pad sunk in nice and soft, but the rest of the bed was hard as a rock until it warmed up.
Spot wiggled himself under the covers last night to warm up. I think I shall prohibit this new activity - I don't want dog hair under my covers - but I understand it was cold so I let him snuggle for a little while.

I lack the imagination to make this blog entry interesting.
I'll write more later, I suppose.

Have a great day.
MsAmber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that you speak of it, i do recall the mattress being a little on the firm side in the winter.
I just always thought that it was me.


Float

Anonymous said...

Man you were right about Beneful. Brinka is even more excited when it is feeding time, she loves it.

Stay warm, Rob