Friday, November 27, 2009

Gosh, this week has FLOWN!

On Monday I re-wired the trailer wiring harness and mounted the connector into a bracket on the bumper. I added a couple more wires to control the brake module. I installed the trailer brake module and I'm pleased to report that it's working. I mounted the two 30 amp self-resetting breakers to the firewall behind-and-above the battery. I also cleaned the battery, re-mounted the ground to the frame and smeared no-ox on all connections. I tuned up the engine and installed new plug wires, plugs, pcv valve, distributor cap and rotor. The engine has really come alive. I broke traction the other day and peeled out! Mu wa ha ha ha ha haaaaa.

On Tuesday I turned in my timesheet (late). Then I cleaned and rewired the RV's battery. The wingnut was completely corroded through, so I dug until I found the right nut to replace it. Smeared everything with no-ox; it looks real good. Then I organized and oiled ALL my tools. I emptied out the big black toolbox and filled it with automotive tools - jack, pry bar, four-way, oil, ps fluid, brake fluid, carb cleaner, fuel injector cleaner, Heet, extra fuses, jumper cables, reflective cones, pully puller, gear puller, extra bulbs and flasher relay module, air gauge, air pump, fix-a-flat, gap tool, etc... Yep. It's full and heavy.
Then I vacuumed out the entire van, washed down the ceiling and walls, and cleaned the windows. Then I performed the most amazing task ever: I sorted through all my nuts, bolts, washers, screws, terminals, and lagniappe and put them into a big compartmental case. Yes! Really! I did this! I now know where to find any kind of screw or nut-and-bolt that I need. I also was able to throw away any that were damaged or oxidized. The case is very heavy, but the dividers are solid so the stuff won't migrate into adjacent compartments. I love it. It was a gift from my friends at Builder's Best. It used to hold router bits. I went in there and talked to them about my last road-trip and bought a new tape-measure, I happened to mention that I needed something with dividers and was having a hard time finding exactly what I wanted. John went into the back and dug it out for me. I'm so happy! I'm finally organized!

On Wednesday I went to the DMV. It was $393.00 for tags for the van! $355 for taxes and $38 for paperwork. Man! What an expensive friggin' set of plates. Then I came home and I was so frustrated that I washed all the curtains in the house, starched and ironed them, washed the windows, changed the sheets, re-hung the divider curtain to the bedroom, fastened all the pictures in the house to the walls so they will never fall down again, and added a hook-and-eye to the cupboard so it won't fall open when I travel. Cleaned out a junk drawer (still have one junk drawer left), gave all the aquarium supplies to Nicky (a few less things to carry around), filled my shampoo/conditioner/soap dispenser in the bathroom, killed all the mildew in the shower, and shampoo'd the carpets. Yeah, I should get pissed off more often!

Yesterday (Thanksgiving), Chad built and installed my new bookshelves. It's like a hutch over my dresser. Three tiers high. I dug out all my books from under the bed and filled it immediately. Then I got out my gold wire and a mess of miscellaneous beads and made retainers across the front of each shelf. It looks really cool. I won't have to take my books down when I travel, hopefully. I randomly strung up the beads and some old necklace pendants so it looks like a funky-chunky charm bracelet across the fronts of the shelves. I should take a picture.
Then we went to Golden Corral for dinner - stuffed ourselves silly on steak and ribs. Who needs turkey?


Today, I am going to tackle the LAUNDRY, the second junk drawer, the shoe storage, and the space under the bed. Fill my empty propane bottle, and get the oil changed and an inspection sticker for the van. I should top off the gas while I'm in town. There's also a slew of dirty coffee cups in the sink. (Damn, I'm an addict.)

I have to be in Tuscaloosa Alabama on Tuesday morning, December 1st.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: