Monday, November 23, 2009

In Lafayette for the week.

After work on Thursday, I took off for home. I went and rigged up and started driving. I stopped in Ardmore and drank two pots of coffee with Jerry, then tackled the DFW traffic. I made it all the way to Alexandria, LA. Actually, I was only 86 miles from home when I had to stop and crash at 4:30 in the morning. I just pulled into a truckstop, let the boys tinkle, crawled into bed and crashed for 7 hours. I got here on Friday afternoon.

Saturday I went to the Auto Parts store and spent $213.00 on parts: I bought plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, PCV valve, heavy duty flasher, trailer brake module, four colors of wires, two 30 amp self-resetting breakers, bracket for my trailer wiring harness, gap tool, and I splurged on a pair of wire-pulling pliers. On Sunday, I tuned up the truck and installed the trailer brake module, and re-wired the trailer wiring harness. That took all day.

I'm proud it's all done, and now I don't have to worry about my stopping distance. Heavy traffic was scaring me to death with the extensive amount of distance it takes me to stop 9100 pounds of forward momentum with just the van's brakes. I feel so much better about hauling this thing around now.

Today, I am going to clean and reconnect the RV's battery leads, vacuum out the van, and re-organize my tools.
I suppose I should throw some laundry into the mix. I'd best be keeping up with that.

I switched the dogs first to Pedigree senior formula - it supposedly is easier to chew, and they snarfed that bag right up. I went back to the store to find some more and there wasn't any. So, I've switched them again - this time to Beneful. They really love that stuff. I've decided to stop buying Pedigree. The boys eat the Beneful much easier and seem to like it more. Meg is full of energy - he's the first one to bust out after a squirrel. If I'd have known that switching his food would have this kind of effect, I would have done it sooner.
So Rob... consider changing Brinka to Beneful if you think of it. It's kinda stinky, must be the salmon, but not excessively so.

Well, I'm going to get after my day. You have a great one.
MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Brinka had more energy she would completely drive me back to drink. Thank you, I may just check it out since she is my girl.