Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday, August 11

The construction company called me to work on the 5th. I carried 20' studs all day the first day, then on the second day I installed unfaced insulation all day. I got a call from the recruiter saying that he had a waiver for me to go ahead and get my physical on Friday (right after breathing all that insulation: thanks), that the MEPS didn't need all my medical records since the surgeries weren't life-threatening. So on Friday I got up at 2:00 a.m. and the recruiter picked me up at 2:45, we drove to New Orleans. I spent half the day standing in line and following hard-to-hear instructions, getting paperwork, filling out forms, and being shuffled around. Then, just as I'm getting in to see a doctor, bang! I have to stop. They want to see my medical records. So I went home.
I lost a full days' worth of work, and it will have to be rescheduled when I get all my medical records. Shit!

The collections' office started calling yesterday about July's RV payment. I was nice enough, but I told her I would make a payment when I can. You've got a job to do, and so do I, have a nice day. So I suppose I shall receive a call every day until I get that caught up. Oh well.

I almost had enough money saved up for the RV payment but the landlady asked me to pick up the water bill for her because she ran out of money (just days after she received her SS check), and I had to put some groceries into my house and gasoline in the truck. THIS time I'm not going to choose to pay my RV payment over eating and other necessities. I can't go hungry while working. They'll get over it.

I have more insulation to install today, and the boss asked if anyone wants to do some extra work this weekend painting - I think I will volunteer. I need to catch up. My ox is in a proverbial ditch.

But at least I have coffee!
It's all more tolerable with coffee.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: