Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Medical Records.

The Army can't schedule my physical until they get my medical records. I spent a bit of time trying to round them up. My primary care doctor had quit private practice and now works the E.R. at Norman Regional. I finally spoke with him yesterday evening. He was/is a great doctor.
My surgeries were over 3 years ago so all my records are in "off-site storage" and they estimate a couple of weeks to retrieve them.
One of the hospitals where I had a surgery has changed their name and was nearly impossible to find.
Goodness. Had I known all this ahead of time I would have kept copies of all my medical records any time I had a procedure or a visit.

My background check is coming back good. Every ticket and transgression that I 'fessed up has come back fine - just like I knew they would. I've kept all my tickets and receipts since like: 1990. The Army recruiter was amazed at my record-keeping. Now if only I had kept my medical records as diligently...

Today I should like to clean out my truck and empty my blackwater tank. Maybe I'll even get around to doing a load of laundry. I have several irons in the fire to get work - if I'm lucky I may get a phonecall... still hopeful after all the disappointments.

Well, I feel pretty good today. I'm going out the door to embrace the sunshine and get moving.
You have a great day!
MsAmber

No comments: