Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday fun...

I went to the junkyard this morning to find a spare wheel for the Nissan.
I've been driving without a spare for quite a while, and it concerns me. I have my jack and 4-way, but that would do me no good without a wheel.

I've got to go to Billings Montana next Friday. I will work construction here Monday through Thursday, then on Friday I have my Army physical, then time to pack up and hit the road on Friday night. That will make for a loong day. I have to get up at 3:30, leave at 4:00 to go to New Orleans, then stand in lines all darn day. If they fail me, then it's all over for my going into the Army. I'm going to try not to install insulation this week, that tends to mess with my lungs too much. The last time my physical was scheduled, my boss had me installing unfaced insulation for two days prior. If they put me through a breathing test I might be somewhat compromised.
Otherwise, I'm healthy as a horse and strong as a mule.

I have a serious hankering for a rare steak and some raw spinach. I hate to let go of the money, but I've gotta feed that craving. So tonight it's steak, raw spinach salad, and watermelon. Mmmmm.

I've got to go clean out the back of the truck and drain my blackwater. Chad made me a pseudo-pressure-washer wand so I can rinse out the tank. The gauge has been reading 2/3 full even when it's empty, so I need to hose it out real good.

We went to play bingo last night... the kids had fun in spite of themselves. The little one insisted that she didn't like bingo, but I think she liked it afterwards. Oh how terrible it must be to be forced to sit and play bingo with the old people for a couple of hours.

Dumbass, the landlady's son, just poured two-cycle mixed gasoline into the lawnmower. It's smoking something awful. I thought even HE would know better than that. He has a history of breaking lawn implements, now he's torn up the lawnmower. Ms Doris will have a fit when she sees that. What a dumbass.

Hey! When did the design on the penny change? I just looked down and picked up a penny. It has a log cabin on the back, instead of the Lincoln memorial. Am I the only one who didn't know about this?
Geez.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: