Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Monday fun.

Did roofing repair yesterday. Pulling up old leaky shingles and replacing them with mismatched ones. Early in the morning, went downtown and replaced two parking stops. Pulled up the old ones, carried the new ones out of the parking garage, re-drilled for the pins and placed the two new ones. I had a funny little "oops". I was pushing the dolly with the new parking stop on it and I had to get a running start to get it over a hump. Well, I made it over the hump, but the forward momentum pitched me upwards and I nearly was catapulted over the handles. It was funnier than hell. Thank goodness I wasn't hurt, but it did give me a real perspective on my weight in relationship to a big ol' chunk of concrete.

Today I get to powerwash three or four houses. That sounds like a hoot, and I think it will be a bit easier of a day than roofing, or heaven forbid, insulation!

I'm counting down the days before my big road-trip. We bolted down a toolbox in the back of the truck and I've packed all my tools. I got the spare tire, and the truck is ready. I moved the wringer washer over to Chad's carport and cleaned out my storage. The RV is squared away. I'll just need to do laundry and pack my clothes and I'll be ready.

Having a visit from Mr. Monthly. I'm feeling a little irritable and serious, so don't mind my post, if it appears to lack my normal affability. The timing is perfect however. I'll be over it in time for the physical on Friday, and the driving to Montana. That'll be good, I really hate going through that during a long drive.

I would like to solve the music problem before I leave. It would be nice to have some tunes to listen to during the trip.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: