Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm back in Lafayette.

The drive home was a little hairy. Thunderstorms all the way. That Mitsubishi Gallant hydroplanes like a bitch! You wouldn't expect that from a front-wheel-drive car, but it's really quite dangerous to drive through heavy rain. I wouldn't buy one.
Otherwise, the car did fine. It got me there and back and the gas mileage was great.

While I was gone my hot water heater plug blew out and it dumped 3-400 gallons of water on the ground. Chad came by after work to pick up the dog and he found it. He shut off the water and the two switches (gas and electric), but alas, it was too late. My electric heating element is fried, and I'm out of propane. So I came home to NO HOT WATER. I need to refill my propane tank today.

I got all my survey stuff together and fed-ex'd it to TT, then I faxed my timesheets. I'm hoping they pay me for drive-time, because I didn't make a penny off of mileage - having to rent a car... Anyway, I submitted 31.5 hours. Here's to hoping that they accept my time as submitted. Since it DID cost me 4 days' worth of work at my other job, I think it's only fair.
You never know, though. TT can be real sticklers about stuff sometimes.

I have to get fixed up and run down to the recruiters to finalize my paperwork and set my physical appointment in stone, then I'm going to refill my propane tank so I'll have hot water this evening for a shower. I also need to do the dishes...

You have a great day!
MsAmber

1 comment:

Blasé said...

I enjoyed your Slide Show, especially the pic of you attempting to coverup some butts.!