Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Wednesday Morning

Yeah, everything's peaceful around here so far. It rained all night Monday night, and all day Tuesday until about 2:00 p.m...
It's pretty soggy outside. I think we got 4 inches here.
I'm shampooing the carpets today, the dogs have tracked in a fair amount of mud and I can't let it set-in the carpets.
Spot has been acting particularly scared of the thunderstorms. He wouldn't go outside unless you essentially dragged him out. He never had an "accident" in the house, but I just knew he shouldn't be holding his pee that long. Poor dude, clung to my legs like a wet nightgown the whole time.

I dug out the demo cd from a friend's band "5th Wheel Avenue", and I've been listening to it on repeat. It's actually really good, it's a shame there's only 4 songs on it. They have a site on Myspace if anyone cares to check it out. Daniel is the drummer and Samuel is the bass player. They are a couple of good kids who worked on my crew in Shreveport last year. They have a good sound, I went and listened to them play a couple of times.

It seems as though someone has taken to commenting on my blog anonymously. They obviously don't know me well or they would realize that I have no misery, I'm a "roll with the punches" kind of girl. Does it seem as though the tone of my posts have been pessimistic of late? My apologies if that is so. I get a little frustrated every now and then, but otherwise I'm a pretty happy person. I enjoy life immensely, even when it presents challenges. I blog about current events as a way of documenting timelines so that I won't forget when things happen, but I've never claimed to be a victim of anything but my own decisions. Which I guess is exactly what the anonymous commentary said. I just feel it's a little creepy that someone won't at least sign their name or an alias to a comment directed at me.
Oh the intrigue...

Chad has decided that his side-work is getting busy enough that we may be able to step out on our own as independent contractors. I've always wanted to learn carpentry, he's been tutoring me a little on using the speed-square and the most common angles, marks, and terms. I'm ready to embark on a new adventure. It will be great to learn a new skill, especially one that I've dreamed of learning for a long time now. I'm psyched! He's really very good at it, I couldn't have aligned myself with a better teacher. I have my tool-belt already set up and ready to go. I dug out all my tools, cleaned and oiled everything and organized them. I even replaced all missing drill bits from my index, I'm just missing one 3/4" paddle bit. As a present: Chad bought me a set of chisels. Isn't that cool? I have a set of chisels!

Anyway, I need to get the carpets shampooed before it starts getting hot. You have a wonderful day.

MsAmber

P.S. Anonymous Poster: feel free to sign your comments with some alias or something. At least give me some sporting hint as to your identity. Please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This anonymous commenter apparently does not know MsAmber very well. The MsAmber I had the pleasure of getting to know very well thrives on adversity and shines the most when she encounters it. Like I have always said if the world goes to hell in a hand basket she is the first person I will look for out of survival instinct. I just hope who ever she is with at that time does not see me as a threat, but just trying to get by man…

The Ex. Rob