Monday, July 06, 2009

I smell trouble brewing...

I got the landlady packed off to her daughter's house on Friday. I swept out her floorboards, loaded up her stuff, loaded the dogs and got her gone. She's been very grumpy and stressful since she got a phonecall from California on Tuesday or Wednesday. Some guy called her real early in the morning and asked if he could send her son home. (Oh boy.) She gave me a key to her house for emergencies (not to give to him), and left instructions to tell him that the back window was unlocked, and asked me to pay for the taxi cab if necessary when he gets here. Saturday morning about 10:00 a.m. he arrived. He had money to pay his own taxicab, and I gave him the instructions on how to get in. Then I called Ms. Doris at her daughter's house and told her that he looked real good. Sober, tan, and well-fed.
He knocked on the door as I was getting out of the shower and I'm sure he got a free peek because I was just wrapping up in a towel. Pissed me off already. He wanted a ride to Chase bank. I looked at the clock: it was 11:50. Everybody knows that the banks are closed on Saturday afternoon, plus it's July 4th. I told him I was tired, I had been moving the RV all morning and I wasn't planning on going anywhere.
A little bit later a green pickup truck pulled in, and left within about 15 minutes. Apparently he called somebody to bring him a 12 pack of beer. Within the hour he was drunk. He sat out on the porch facing my house and kept yammering on to anybody who would listen: "Hey, listen, when I bury my momma that's going to be a sad day, I'm going to kick my brother's ass, makes me cry just to think about it, that (expletive) hasn't called momma in over a year, hey listen, I'm gonna kick his ass. When I put my momma in the ground, everybody's gonna know...I'm the baby of the family...hey listen, when I bury momma..." blah blah blah. He was drunk and talking shit. I came into the house and closed the door so I wouldn't have to listen. Ms. Doris called me and told me that he called her and he was partying with Jason and he had $50, and she isn't coming home until he's broke. I was a little angry, she and I had agreed to set some house rules that this is an alcohol-free property and he will not be drinking if he is going to stay here. A little while later, I bathed Spot in the bathtub and took him outside to shake off, and Larry was still out there on the porch. He was still talking. He said he liked me, I'm just very direct, he thanked me for taking care of his momma, and started talking about kicking his brother's ass again. I wanted to say: At least your brother isn't coming around and sucking off the old lady's social security every month, but I didn't. Why pick a fight with a drunk. I came back inside and started bathing Megabyte in the tub. Chad said: "Next time he knocks, I'll get it." So, sure enough, Knock knock on the door. I just had Meg lathered up. Chad was working on a bid for a job and he got up and answered the door. I heard him tell Larry that Amber was busy. Then he told Larry that HE was busy. Then Larry started yelling "I've been traveling for three days and I just got home and ya'll are going to treat me like a fucking Nigger!" That's when I came out of the bathroom covered in suds and I stuck my soapy hand out the door and yelled "Larry, get out my door! Go home, don't you knock on my door anymore! You are supposed to leave me alone! I'm a tenant, not your fucking friend!" He said he was going to kick my ass, and I better get ready to pack my shit because as soon as momma gets home I'm getting kicked off the property. I told him I can move and I will move if I want, don't think I feel threatened, and I slammed my door in his face. Chad called the police. The officer showed up, and he said he's dealt with Larry before and he went over there and told Larry that I'm a tenant and he needs to stay away. When the police left, Larry shouted from the porch "How do you like them apples?" and he turned up the music as loud as it would go and proceeded to have a one-man party. All night long.
I heard a truck pull in at 3:30 in the morning on Sunday and it left at 4:00, so I got up and started the coffeepot. Larry was still partying with the music turned up and the door open facing me - just being creepy. I started working on the pile of garbage outside about 6:30, he shut his door but kept the volume up. He didn't turn it down until about 9:30 in the morning. That's when I figured he went to bed. Ms. Doris called me about 10:00 and was concerned that he was dead or overdosed or something because he wouldn't answer the phone. I just told her he was probably asleep. She called again that evening about 7:00 pm, I told her I hadn't heard anything or seen any signs of life from him all day. She was worried and wanting to come home. I told her don't worry, if I see him alive and well I will give her a call. He stayed hidden all day, all night, and now it's 1:15 pm on Monday and I just now see him walking down the driveway. I figure that he thinks if she's worried then she'll come home. I just now called her and told her that he's alive and she said she's coming home today. There's no food in the house and she's coming to put groceries in the house for him. Well, why didn't he buy food with his damn $50 instead of beer and whatever drugs he bought? Geez.
No freaking common sense. I do wish she would just stay at her daughter's and enjoy the visit.
Well, anyway. I don't give a shit what happens, just as long as he leaves me alone. And I'm not feeling too much like sympathizing with Ms. Doris right now either. She's creating her own misery.
I'm done with this post.

You have a great week.
MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms Amber creates her own misery.