Monday, July 13, 2009

Crush

My boyfriend Chad.

I feel like I've met my male-counterpart. He's very much like me in so many ways. A jack-of-all-trades, does the best he can, conservative, likes the old way of doing things, great work-ethic, and interested in survival skills. He's as anti-social as I am. I found someone who can take off with a backpack and know he'll be fine - just like me. He drinks as little as I do, no drugs, wakes up early, anti-television, disciplined, naturalistic, holistic, reads books, imaginative, physical, wide-eyed fascination with everything, interesting, philosophical, not hung up on the superficial, somewhat corny in his sense-of-humor, and open to changes. He's also only 3 1/2 months older than I. We've had enough difference in experiences to keep it interesting.

I've officially decided that I like him...

I avoid writing about boyfriends on my blog because I don't want to have to delete my blog when we've decided to break-up. I don't get attached very easily, and in typical Scorpio-fashion, I start compiling reasons why it won't work out from the very beginning. That's a terrible thing, I know, but in my life I've experienced shattering disillusionment and disappointments. Psychologically I'm right on par with Freudian expectation. I'm comfortable with Chad. I see and feel his vulnerabilities and empathize in the same way he sees, feels, and empathizes with mine. We are equals in so many ways - I feel as though I could trust him. Neither of us have the eternal sunshine of the spotless conscience, but we persevere anyway.

Just to be funny, we're both amateur nudists also. We are going to start nude hiking. Backpacks and boots. The first time I get arrested I'll let ya'll know. "I'll take that ticket, but you know officer, I have no pockets to put it in..."

He also thinks I'm beautiful, not only does he say it, but I can see it in his eyes. He doesn't care if I comb my hair and shave my pits, or if my clothes match. He doesn't like makeup and perfume, but he never fails to compliment me if I decide to wear it. He's unpretentious with his own appearance also. Grey t-shirts and jeans with work boots and his hair in a ponytail.

He calls me "onion butt" because every time he sees it, it brings a tear to his eye.

He has long hair and a goatee, broad shoulders, tanned arms and legs, hairy chest, and a very pleasant smile. He turns his shoulders sideways to walk through a doorway as a matter of habit. Rough carpenter's hands that can be both strong and gentle.

It's been only four months since we started dating, so I'm still a little sheepish that I put all this in writing, but for the first time in my life I can see into the future. Not an unrealistic pipe dream involving lots of money and a fairytale ending, but a practical evolution of us with our eclectic outlook and complementary sensibilities.

Ok. There it is. I've said it. Chad, you are now officially in my blog. Let the whole world know: MsAmber likes Chad - very much.

This ends my cheesy mushy post. Back to real-life next time.

Have a great week.
MsAmber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very-very happy for you. All I ever wanted for you from the beginning of the times we shard was your happiness. We had so many differences that deep down inside I knew that it would not last forever; I just refused to admit it to myself. Me nude hiking, yea right, but that is a good example of it. I had a very hard time letting go of you, because you were the best friend I ever had. After I was able to let go I started to see how fortunate I was to have known you. You brought a lot of happiness into my life, but most of all you taught me so much about life in general.

I wish the best for you both, Rob

Unknown said...

Well Ms. Amber, your finally living the dream. Gorgeous body, steady mind, boyfriend and your dogs. What more could you accept. I love you very much and I'm happy you found someone that can be as independent as you are. I enjoyed all of our old memories together but HEY! We still have more to come. I love and miss you very much, I really enjoyed talking to you the other day, it made me feel better! Lots love, Dandelion