Thursday, July 16, 2009

I got a J.O.B. - finally.

I got a job.

Well, two small jobs actually. I'm going to be working two night shifts and one day shift per week initially at my first job, and cleaning three times a week at my second job. Then after August 1, I can pick up more shifts at my first job. I'll still squeeze the cleaning job into my schedule - that pays an extra $60.00 per week. So, even though I'm late on my bills this month, I should be able to catch up soon.

My cellphone service may be interrupted again this month until I can get it caught up, but that's no big deal.

We've had a lot of rain this past week. The lawn took off growing like it's springtime. It's already nearly knee high and I just mowed last Friday. Crazy, man. I don't know when I'll get time to mow it down again. Maybe Saturday or Sunday? I was hoping to go to the thrift store on Saturday - I desperately need clothes that fit. Everything I have is too big and baggy. Even shirts that used to hug my tummy now look like I'm a kid playing dress-up in daddy's clothes. I've passed the 50 pounds mark. I don't have a scale to keep tabs on my weight loss, but the flat belly and the jeans that I just got (which are already baggy) are speaking volumes.

I was approached in the parking lot at Mel's diner and a guy gave me his phone number. Then at O'Reilly's auto parts, a guy followed me out and gave me his phone number. Then again at B's Poppa P's, a guy waited for me and gave me his phone number. Geez. Must be the blue jeans... or maybe somebody snuck up behind me and doused me with pheromones. I dunno, but it seems as though the bucks are in a rut this week.

Actually I'm kinda enjoying the attention. It seems a little weird to me to be approached and looked at like that. Partially I resent them, because I know this wouldn't be happening if I were still chubby. I know they are all just looking at my figure. They have no idea if I'm a psycho, or a drug-addict, or a welfare momma lookin' for my next "baby daddy". Well, maybe not the guy at O'Reilly's, he was intrigued by my automotive skills - and my butt.
I'm pretty sure at this point that it's not my sparkling personality and witty sense of humor that elicits their attentions.
Men. Go figure!

I'm going to have to adjust my sleep schedule. I'm so used to getting up early and going to bed early. Now my schedule will be more random. I go in to work at noon today and will get off at 8 p.m. I'm actually very relieved to know that I'm done searching for a job. Now maybe my stomach can settle down. I've been getting a little panicked watching deadlines sneak up and I can't make the obligations, and knowing that usually I have a two week holdover before I see a paycheck, etc. It's had my stomach in knots for a couple of weeks now. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch: but if hard work and enthusiasm can make a job fly, then mine should take off like a 747. I just need some cute clothes to cinch it.

Well, I need to take a shower and do the dishes. My cd player is on the fritz, so I may move the speakers back to the laptop so I can have some music up in here.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: