Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday again?

The carb rebuild:
I got it all put together and installed on the truck, but when I cranked the truck it filled up with gas - and I do mean filled. So I figured that I might have screwed up the float adjustment. I took it back off and re-set the floats. Put it back on the truck and now it seems as though it doesn't get enough gas. Aaargh.
Besides, I was interrupted several times during the rebuild. I got mad.
As far as I can tell the carb is good. But something is hosed up and I don't know what the problem is. I'm taking a couple days' break from it while I work at my job and I'll tackle it again when I'm fresh. Sure was a lot of springs, valves, and orifices.

Had a nice little phone call from Trans-Tel. Mr. Samples and Mr. Duncan called me and inquired how I was doing and asked when I'll be ready to come back to work because good help is hard to find. That totally made my day! I needed a pick-me-up at the time and it was good to feel wanted. They also want me to send a bag of crawfish to Trans-Tel.

I got very, very mad at Nate and went into the office to tell him to his face that he's a jackass! I said my piece and he listened. Then he sat back in his chair and started laughing. He told me not to worry about being mad at him. He's a big boy and he can take it, that he's not upset about it, and he knows he's a jackass.
Alrighty then.

Otherwise, all is groovy. Speaking of groovy:
I installed cable for an old man - a WWII submariner. I said the word "groovy" a few times without even thinking about it. After the install when I asked him if he was satisfied, he said "Yep, everything's groovy." I laughed and told him I've been waiting all day to hear those words from him. It was funny, situational humor. He had quite the cool collection of hard hats from all over the world. Impressive man.

You have a groovy day!
MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you De-gunk the carburetor housing, prior to reassembly?

Hyper