Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I bought a truck. Well, sort of...

I got a good deal on a "fixer-upper". It's a little 1989-1990 Toyota pickup, baby teal blue, five-speed manual transmission. Soon I'll need taillights, windshield, passenger window, and a tire. A little bit of re-assembly to get it running, then one little project at a time to fix it up. I'm hopeful about it - the dash is fine, headliner, floor mats. It's got a couple of little dingers in the body, but the cool part is the odometer says 030000.3. Yeah, seriously. It has not rolled over a million, which is what it would take to get that leading zero. Toyotas are famous for going 250,000 or better. This has a little 6 cyl, and it ran before it was parked. It has a carburettor instead of fuel-injection. I am going to buy the repair manual first thing. I don't really know much about Toyota, but it doesn't look that complicated.
It will be delivered here (towed) by the end of the week.

I got my wringer washer, and scraped it down with a wire brush and hit it with a sanding block. Then I painted it with two coats of rustoleum white primer, then two coats of rustoleum antique white gloss. It's gorgeous and functional.
I've done two loads of laundry in it already.

My little garden is sprouting. I have beans, lettuce, chives, and radishes. In the little starter cups I have 36 banana peppers and 36 cantaloupe. That's only the stuff I have sprouted... Will let you know as I go.

I'm cooking a little dinner right now and kinda watching the news, so this is brief.

You have a great week.
MsAmber

3 comments:

Anne said...

HO! I'd like to see your wringer washer and you do the washing on video.

Anonymous said...

That's so cool.

Rob

Mark Crabtree said...

Yay! I'm very glad to see you're doing well keep in touch ok Missie has been asking about you and wants to say Hi! ;)~

Mark C.