Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Friday.

Ok. So I worked all day yesterday with a big ol' price tag hanging off the back of my khakis. $29.99 original price marked down to $9.88 it said. I did not discover this until I stopped at a gas station to use the restroom around 3. Now I'm wondering why nobody said anything. Lol.

Landlady's son is back. Dern Tweaker. Bummed three bucks off me again. He told his mother that he doesn't know why she likes me, I'm so rude. He's been borrowing my gas can to mow the lawn, but when I'm home he's too afraid to come get it. Yeah, that's right, you just keep on truckin' buddy boy. I'm glad he thinks I'm mean and rude. That will keep him at bay. He was irritating me by knocking on my door every evening to borrow something: Advil, cigarettes, money, etc. And borrow isn't the word, it's not like he's made any effort to repay. No job, lives with his mom, gets drunk and talks random shit. His only redeeming value is that he mows the lawn. Dern tweaker.

Met a customer and his son yesterday. The son reminded me so much of Benjamin at that age. Cub scout, curious and well-mannered, athletic. He showed me his pine-derby carvings and they were magnificent. He made one look just like his Dad's bucket truck, complete with bucket. It was very cool. The kid's name was Austin. It's rare to meet a boy who is so much like Benjamin, it made my heart ache. I wish I could see Ben again someday. I'm sure I will.

I slept like a log last night. I crashed at 9, after I ate a pb&j sandwich with a glass of milk.

I wrestled with Chad in the yard yesterday evening. Now I'm a little sore, think I tweaked my elbow and bruised my hip. But I almost had him... yeah right.

Mock Scarlett O'Hara voice:
"Ah will neva... eat turnips again!!!"

Ha ha ha ha haaaa.
You have a groovy day.
MsAmber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to buy you a calendar and teach you how to use it. . . I got one for Christmas. . . I’ll send it to you. . . Chad, is a carpenter, he can teach you how to use it. . . It has pictures.

Your buddy is a “tweeker” not tweaker. Tweakers work for a living.

Remember "Puff Puff Pass" and stay off the chems.

LMFAO

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.

With Love

Hyper

MsAmber said...

Oh, you're a funny, funny guy.
Tweekers. My bad.
And, yes, I really am working on Monday. Holiday, shmoliday.

You should keep your calendar. I bought it just for you. A little "motivational" to match your general outlook and cheerful disposition.

Thanks for reading.
MsAmber

Mark said...

you guys! lol