Sunday, April 26, 2009

Okay, I kicked butt this week.

I sat down with my calculator and set some numbers in stone. I decided my bank account needed a blood-transfusion, so I got a piece of posterboard and I wrote:
FOR SALE
DARN GOOD TRUCK
'84 SILVERADO C-20
BIG BLOCK 454

And I went and stood on the side of the road off Johnston St with the truck parked behind me picturesquely.
Day 1:
First place I parked at and stood for a while I had three inquiries, then the manager of the lot told me I had to move on (nicely, though). The second place was an old gas station that now hosts a computer repair business. That guy didn't mind. I had a lot of hopeful inquiries, but no serious bites.

Day 2:
I got up early and had my coffee so I went to the Home Depot parking lot off of Ambassador Caffery and held up my sign for a few hours, got a lot of inquiries and people took my number. Then Nate called and asked what I was doing, I told him I was selling my truck. He asked if I wanted lunch, I said yes, and he told me to meet him at the Golden Corral buffet at 12:30. I got there at 11:30 and went out to the street with my sign. I sold the truck AND had a good meal.

So, I'm making April's RV payment, May's RV payment, cellphone/internet payment, electricity deposit, loan repayment, May's rent, and RV insurance for the year. I set X amount aside for buying another old "project" truck. I would really like to find an old Chevy Suburban with air-conditioning. Now that I'm caught up, I can live off my income. Getting caught up was a bear, I was in emergency mode! But I pulled it off in just 2 days. I celebrated with an Arby's roast beef sandwich, curly fries, and a Dr. Pepper.

A friend just gave me a bicycle, so I'm going to spend a little bit of money to fix the tires and make it road-worthy. I have the company-truck as my transportation, but hey, like my friend says: "If you've got the time, isn't everywhere walking distance?"

Then my work-week started and I worked some big ugly jobs, so I know my paychecks are going to start looking better. Thursday was big, Friday was hell, Saturday went good.

I slept 9 whole hours last night without even trying. I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 6:30. I went to Wal-Mart and got dogfood, shower gel, garden seeds, dish rags, soy milk, lotion, bratwurst, hot-dog buns, and a two-liter of Welch's Grape Soda.
The two days that I was standing by the side of the road, I got such a sunburn on my face, neck and a really obvious farmer's tan stripe on my arm. The burn on my neck/shoulder curve is really blistery, brown, leathery and hideous: thus, the lotion.

All in all, it's been a good week since last I blogged. I'm minus one truck, but it's ok. I'll build me another one. The important thing is: I have my internet back on.

Have a great week.
MsAmber

No comments: