Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday in Lafayette

They put a new windshield in my Ranger (company truck) yesterday.

I rode with Leon and we got our jobs done just fine. There was no ladder work, it was two apartments and a great big house. Pretty easy day, except for the waiting.

Gosh, I can't wait for Friday - payday. I'm so broke I can't pay attention. Though I'm sure this first paycheck will be quite disappointing. Minimum wage X 44 hours.

I made fried potatoes, eggs, bacon and toast for dinner last night. Invited over my new friends. They are a transient couple in a tent two spaces down from me. They walked in carrying their tent. The guy goes to the day-labor place every morning at 4:00. I don't have much, but I'm willing to share what I do have. Tonight I'm making sloppy joes and cool-aid.

It's time to run through the shower, I gotta go.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: