Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's Thursday. One more day.

...till payday.

I've got to rant a little. It's not really my style to publicly complain about my boss but this one's a real gem.
On Saturday, my day off, he called and asked me to come to his office. I drove to the shop, thinking it was important, and found that I was there to pick up my two roses that he had bought for us female employees for Valentine's Day. So, it cost me $6 in gas to pick up two roses. This guy doesn't even know how I feel about roses, and it cost me a full round trip's worth of gasoline during a time when I can least afford it. Yesterday, Wednesday, is usually the day off except soon we will start working on Wednesdays. We all had to come in dressed for work just to attend a meeting and get the serial numbers off our company-issued tools. Then go home. Every morning that we DO have work, we must arrive at 7:30 and wait, and wait, and wait until we are dispatched. Usually not leaving the shop until between 8:30 to 9:00 to go do our tickets. It seems he has no regards for our time.
I was in "training" for the first week. Basically there is no training. Just ride around and work with somebody to see how it's supposed to be done. Paperwork and such. My truck still isn't ready to roll, so I'm on my second week of "training". Besides it's killing me financially - I've spent as much on gas as I have earned - I signed a contract stating that if I don't work for them, I owe my training pay back to them. I've signed so many things explaining their fines, penalties, and reasons to take money away. Then I'm told that the handbook is for the Atlanta employees. They don't do drug testing, the pay scale as described is for the Atlanta employees, we are on the "point" system: but there is no document to explain what the points mean as far as pay. Our best techs are making only about $700/wk and our weakest techs are making about $300/wk.
I've been yelled at twice by the boss for nothing. I told him that the truck I have been issued is 6700 miles overdue for it's oil change. Later I mentioned it in front of his boss and he yelled at me that I've told him that already. Well, that was last Friday and the oil still hasn't been changed. Yesterday during the meeting, I asked where Jherric was and he yelled at me that he "doesn't need any help", and looked me straight in the face and repeated himself again - loudly.
I was still so mad when I went to bed last night that I had all kinds of violent dreams. Not only is yelling at me inappropriate and disrespectful, but I haven't actually started working there yet. I'm still just hanging around waiting for my truck.
I guess I'm used to working with professionals. People who can eloquently get their point across. This guy's gonna drive me to drinking. He's a big, random-headed bully, that's what.

Well, I've got to run through the shower.
Have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: