Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mardi Gras - Country Style


Tony came down to go to Mardi Gras with me. We looked through the local papers and found that St. Martinsville was having a traditional Grande Bouchiere (butchery). So, we went. There was food and live music, and a live pig which was publicly slaughtered (eww, gross). There was dancing and drinking, I took a bunch of pictures. I saw a couple of people dancing that just tickled me to death, so I took their pictures and asked them for their email address. I've already received a "thank you" reply.
Today we are going to find a parade to get beads!
I'm glad Tony came down. I wouldn't have made it to any festivities if he hadn't. I don't have the gas to waste. The lady who I sent the pictures to invited us to go to Henderson tonight for dancing. We just might do that, but first I have to convince Tony to get out there and dance. I'm fairly shy, but he's worse.
When we got back to the trailer at 6:00 pm, it started to rain. Perfect timing.
I cooked boudin for dinner. Oh that's some good stuff. Pork sausage with rice stuffed in a casing. You just boil it. We figured out that you can just squeeze it out of the casing onto bread and spread it like deviled ham and make a sandwich. You are supposed to be able to eat the casing, but for some reason I chewed and chewed and couldn't break it down enough to swallow. So I decided just to eat the sausage out of the casing. Works for me. I had no idea it was so good. I also ate fried alligator at the St. Martinsville festival.

Yesterday we took the dogs on the nature trail. Everything was going fine except that I had to keep untangling the dogs. They are on separate ends of the same leash. So finally I just took Megabyte off the leash and let Spot drag the leash around. That worked good until Spot decided to run and play a little game of "can't catch me". I chased his scrawny little butt all the way back to the trailer. I couldn't even get close enough to step on the leash. Little Shit!
From now on: they are staying tethered together. At least Meg minds, so he can keep Spot from running off.

Well, gotta get ready to head downtown for the parades.
You have a great day!
MsAmber

No comments: