Monday, February 23, 2009

Awww. Monday already?

But Mo-om, I don't wanna go to school!

Actually, the schools are closed. Most of the restaurants are closed. This is still Mardi Gras. Monday and Fat Tuesday are the big days. We still have to go to work, though. I wonder if the truck got the ladder rack finished?

A guy in Opelousas will set up another RV parking spot for me. I need to go look at it and see if I want to stay there. I should call him today and do that. I've been looking for a permanent place to set up and live. Opelousas is north of Lafayette, about the same distance away as Abbeville is south. There is a real lack of RV parking in Lafayette and I really need shade. I can't put this thing on an open parking lot in the summer- it would be too hot.

I took Tony on a driving tour yesterday. We went all the way across the Creole Scenic highway and I showed him all the damage from Rita. Had the darnedest time finding an open restaurant for dinner. Everything closes on Sunday. Not just this Sunday during Mardi Gras, but every Sunday. This is a very Catholic area. You would have to experience it to know what I'm talking about. Even the smallest towns have two Catholic churches. Usually one for the wealthy, and one for the rest of us.

Well, I have to get ready for work. Hopefully today is payday! Yay.
Have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: