Friday, February 13, 2009

A good day.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I went to work with Jherric, he's a nice young kid who had the highest score on his QC's (quality controls). It got real interesting at our last install which had a huge ant mound inside the pedestal, and the undersides of the trailer were torn up and there was garbage underneath. I got filthy. Jherric got stung by a yellowjacket on the back of his head. It was a funny way to end the day. We cracked up and just had a good time working all day.

I was feeling a little crampy all day, couldn't figure it out. It's not my time of the month... or is it? Yep. It is my time of the month. Two weeks early by my calculations. I guess hard work brought it on. It also explains my grumpy demeanor.

Jherric was also nice enough to compromise on the music selections. He played Reggae all day. We started out listening to Ludacris, and I mentioned that I have a hard time making out the words, so he changed the cd to reggae and we listened to that all day. That was sweet, and pretty cool in my book. He's got a daughter on the way next month, I must remember to send his wife a baby present.

Gosh I still have a hard time with the extension ladder. Carrying it and setting it up and taking it down. They are damn heavy. It's going to take me a while to build my upper body strength. I got up on the line and changed out the connector, added the tags, and torqued it back on. I wasn't shaky, so that's good. Isn't there some other cheap alternative to a 28 foot extension ladder? No, climbing gaffs aren't appropriate, most of the connectors are three feet from the pole on the span. I wouldn't be able to reach. I just hope the messenger wires are strong enough, and the hooks in the poles are in good shape.

My my my.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: