Saturday, February 14, 2009

Urg. It's Saturday and I gotta go to work.

Please don't make me go to work today...

I had asked Nate about letting me have today off to take care of some business, since I'm still just a trainee and I have no real responsibilities. He never answered me. I just called in and left a message. If he really wants me to come in, I will. If not, I won't.

Hey, it's Valentine's Day. I'm going to go buy a GPS today and do my laundry. (That is: IF I have the day off.) I also have to find the campground manager and force him to take my money. (yeah, right!) I should also check the fluids in my truck today. It was running a little hot when it was dragging the trailer up here.

I stood up from the bent-over position next to a door-knob, and somehow I got my hip caught under the door-knob and it bruised me pretty good. I'm still not sure how I could get my hip (butt) under a door-knob, but I assure you that's what happened. Hurt like hell, it did...

The attitude I'm getting at work is that I have been labelled: "Cool, for an older lady." The boys have warmed up to me pretty good, and they've been fairly receptive and helpful to me. They are all good boys. A little rough around the edges sometimes, but I see good in all of them. There are no poison apples in this bunch, which makes me feel better and not so intimidated. I'm used to being a project manager and a teacher, now the kids are teaching me. It's cool. I like it. I told them to talk slowly to me like I'm a foreigner, because I need to tune my ears to the french accent. They laugh about that. One of them has been to Oklahoma before and he exclaimed that he couldn't deal with that place.
On that same note: besides the accent being so heavy, I've noticed the cadence of speech is like reading run-on sentences. You can't tell when one sentence has ended and the next is starting. I'm having quite the time learning to listen.

Well, I gotta go run through the shower.

You have a great day. I know I will.

MsAmber

No comments: