Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Almost done organizing...

Today is the pantry. Maybe the closet also.
It's cold in here today, so I have both electric heaters running. I popped the outside breaker once already this morning, so I have to keep them both on low.

Spot is coughing this morning. It started at about 4:00 am. He coughs until he pukes then he settles down for a few minutes and then starts back up. Interesting though, when I took him out to walk, he didn't cough. He is only coughing while inside the trailer. I don't know what his problem is... but I'm glad Meg isn't doing it too.

I read in the news that Myspace and the Attorney General corroborated to match up the sex offender registry with Myspace accounts and 90,000 Myspace accounts were shut down. There are 170 million people with Myspace accounts and 90,000 of them were registered sex offenders. I think that calculates to 1 in 2000 pages. Mind you: that only includes Registered Sex Offenders. Most sexual predators have yet to be caught or incarcerated or registered. These are just the guys who have been caught in the past and done time for being a sexual predator. I'm betting that less than half of all the sexual predators have actually been caught and registered. That's a conservative figure, so you can extrapolate from that a number nearer to 180,000 sexual predators on Myspace. Yeah, scary. I'll bet I've run into several and didn't even know, what with games like "buy your friends" and "Mobsters" which make you have contact with people generally outside your circle. Also, having a public profile makes you searchable by anyone. "Hmmm. Let's look for a female, age 18, in Guyman Oklahoma..." (Knowing that all the little girls like to change their ages so they can have public profiles.) It's not just a risk for little girls either. Most adult women throw caution to the wind because they are confident that "it won't happen to them".
Okay, I'm done with my rant. I just got a little spooked when I read the news and saw the numbers. It's all a numbers game and the odds are getting worse every day.
How often do you roll a 6?

It's cold outside, but the sun is shining, so I just pulled back the curtains to let the sun shine in, maybe it will help it warm up in here. It's 58 degrees inside. I've already showered, blow-dried and put on makeup. I'm bundled up in a long sleeve shirt with a sweater.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: