Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yesterday's "Daily OM" reading

was about shedding the illusion of control and trusting in the universe to provide. I found it's timing ironic.
My best friend Lisa used to forward the "Daily OM" readings to me and I finally just subscribed to the mailing list. It used to be "Mountainwings" every day, but the "Daily OM" seems more my genre.

It's been three weeks since I put in for my "indefinite leave of absence". I'm rested up, and I've just about kicked the seasonal depression. I'm ready to get out there and be my radiant self again. I am feeling a little twinge of restlessness in my bones, and I wish I had the gas money to pick up and move this rig again. I'm not sure that Abbeville is the place for me. It's a little too closed-up - it has resisted every attempt I've made to break through. Even a small example: on the Abbeville news board there is a discussion thread and the current topic is whether or not Vermilion Parish should ban Pit Bull Terriers. I looked up the Abbeville statutes and expressed the opinion that the breed should not be banned, but that the statutes should be enforced. My post was judged: "nuts" and "clueless".
One response to my post was that it is a good idea but "who is going to enforce it?", and another was that the law is good in Abbeville, but hasn't been adopted parish-wide. Okay, so adopt it parish-wide. It still beats the proposed ban on a specific breed. I did link to the site that has the city statutes, so everyone could read them. Apparently the problem stems from a new inhabitant of the parish who brought 15 pit bulls with her and has them chained out and in kennels on the property. Yeah, I can see where there would be a problem... But unless she is a recognized pit bull rescue organization, there should at least be a statute limiting the quantity of dogs she is allowed to keep, and frequent visits by animal control to ensure that they are being taken care of with due diligence and restrained sufficiently to prevent danger to neighbors and other animals. I would want the same rules for someone raising Emus or Ostriches. You know, those derned things are mean!

It's a tad bit chilly this morning, I'm going to have to take a shower just to warm up my toes. I think I'll make the rounds this morning, and pick up some milk and eggs. I really hate to waste the gasoline.
I feel like I need to move on from Abbeville. Unless a job comes through for me today, I might just consider it. Time to get out the map and plan my next move. Even the dogs seem restless.

Speaking of which: Meg appears to be doing good with his mouth. His breath is much improved and he even licked me yesterday. Another cool thing: he caught a biscuit in his mouth. His mouth is usually so sensitive that he quit playing "catch" for a long time, I thought it was his eyes that prevented him from catching, but apparently it was his mouth. I have to take him back to the vet's today so the vet can check on the progress of the antibiotics. Again, money I don't really have. I have the "Care Credit" credit card for veterinary emergencies. I will see if Dr. Prejean accepts it. But the good news is: Meg feels a lot better.

You have a great day!
MsAmber

No comments: