Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Time's is gettin' tough...

Still unable to gain employment. My prospects seem to think I can wait a week or so while they make up their minds. (sigh)
When I asked God to grant me patience, this isn't what I had in mind,
but it's probably what He has in mind... so I'll wait. Patiently.

I know everything will work out and it will all be fine in the end. I've never failed at anything. It's just not knowing that is tickling the back of my brain. I feel edgy and restless. I see due dates sneaking up on me, anticipated expenses that really aren't very large but they're coming up and I don't have the money in the bank to cover them.

The truth: I have exactly $25 in the bank and a half of one tank of gas in the truck, one propane tank is empty and the other is pretty derned low.
I'm not in need of anything. I'm stocked up on dogfood, groceries, toiletries, cleaning supplies, even coffee. I just need to get a job. Soon. Now. Yesterday...

Isn't this exciting?!?!
There's nothing like a crisis to bring out the imagination and survival skills in a person. That's a fact. I've been in worse condition than this and I still managed to pull through and shine.
I remember when I broke down in my Camaro at exit 29 in Oklahoma. I had no money, no cell-phone, no prospects, and a broke-down car. I got three jobs, rebuilt the engine, got an apartment, and was back in black in just two months. I lost a few pounds, got a tan, and made some good friends during that time.
Those were the good ol' days, but I don't remember thinking that at the time. I was worried and anxious and starving, hanging by a thin thread of sanity. When it happened, I sat down cross-legged in the middle of the road thinking "I wish somebody would just run me over." I didn't think anything could be worse than that.
The difference now is that this is self-inflicted. Not by accident.
I did this to re-evaluate my priorities, knock out some bad habits, find my humility, and to become the wonderful person that I know deep-down.
I'm fighting some inner-demons: I've been trying to re-evaluate certain bad habits like arrogance. The statement that I am "above" certain work is one of the platitudes that I need to dispense with. Ecclesiastes 9:10 "whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." I remember how it felt when I worked in a restaurant and caught the attitude of some business-person who thought they were better than me. Like a college-educated person who looks down on a ditch-digger. The world needs ditch-diggers too. The world couldn't spin without them. That is one of my sins: arrogance.
I hope this adventure helps to make me a better person.
I put myself faithfully in the hands of my Father to direct me, love me, chastise me, and mold me into the person He wishes me to be.

Have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: