Friday, January 30, 2009

Wow, what a wonderful surprise.

I took Megabyte to the vet for his checkup - the vet wanted to see if the antibiotics were working, and I was greeted with some amusement in the eyes of the front-desk girls. It seems a certain guardian angel sent money and a letter to the vet clinic.
The letter referred to Meg as "The Stud", which I found funny when the girls asked me: "Did ya'll used to call him Stud?" The vet said: "It sounds like he misses the dog more than he misses you." The clinic had received the letter and the money and passed it around to everyone to read, they got quite the kick out of it, and they mounted it right inside the folder for Megabyte so it will always be there in front.
So, I have $100.00 credit in the Megabyte Pain Relief Fund. Thank you very much Rob. This means the world to me, and I'm sure Meg appreciates it too.
Anyway, Meg's infection is almost under control, there is still a little bit of redness, one more week of antibiotics. He actually caught a bone for the first time in years. I thought it was his eyes that kept him from catching, but it turns out that it was his mouth pain. I started him on HeartGuard to keep him from getting heartworms. He has another appointment next Thursday to prove that all the infection is gone, then we will tackle the dental work. Things are looking up.

I went and applied at Kaplan Telephone Company. I was intercepted by the front desk personnel and made to fill out an application. Is it just me: or does it seem futile to fill out applications when all the information is already included in my resume? It seems as though they just want you to sit and write stuff down and hand it to them so you think that you might stand a chance. Actually, I bet half of the applications just wind up under a pile of papers and never get looked at. You can't get anyone to speak to you about your application so you don't know if you have a chance; if they are actively looking to hire; or if you are just wasting time. It's a pain. I'm qualified to be a field technician, or a secretary, or a project manager. Do they even know what position I'm looking for?
There is a position open to be a road warrior. It pays $30 - $50/hr depending on whether or not you negotiate travel pay. It would require me to keep a stock of cable and jacks on my truck. Unfortunately, that's not what I want to do. I'm tired of the travel aspect. I want to be home every night. Actually, I need to be home every night. Who else is going to take care of my boys? I'm not even considering it, but the shameful thing is: I could get that job and start immediately. Aargh.

It's Friday again. I'm going to clean house and get ready for the Sabbath. For someone who's trying to quit: I've been smoking like a fiend. Any day now I'll get sick of them and put cigarettes away for good. Besides, they stink; they're expensive; they are wrecking my lungs; and they weaken me by adding an addiction to my repertoire of bad habits.

The sun is shining and the birds are squawking. It's a little bit chilly outside, but I think it will warm up enough to open up the house and wipe down the walls and ceiling with Pine-sol. I do love the smell of clean.

You have a great day,
...and Rob: Thank You!

MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your welcome.