Saturday, January 31, 2009

Everything's gonna be fine...

I evaluated my finances and it appears as though I'm going to be just fine.
I found that I overpaid on Sprint last month - I paid twice - so I have a credit there. I've been overpaying on my RV every month - so my bill this month is only half of what it normally would be.
Rent at this RV park is fairly low - I could find a cheaper spot however and save another $100.
So, I have all my bills covered. There is no money for extras, but I can make it work.

I saw a poem:
Use it up.
Wear it out.
Make it do, or...
Do without.

I got spoiled by being able to just run to Wal-Mart anytime I needed something. I am now stretching my nickles until they squeal. It's all good. I feel like I'm getting back to my roots. I remember a time in the distant past when I pulled the back seat out of my car looking for spare change for gasoline... Yeah.

I feel skinny. I may not look skinny yet, but my jeans are saggy and falling off so I feel hopeful. This is exactly what I needed in my life to get back to my old self again.

Rob sent me his copies of Battlestar Galactica: season 1, 2, and 2.5. I'm going to run to the post office this morning and hope that it's there.

I feel downright happy. I'm relaxed and I have a permanent smile on the sides of my mouth.

I went visiting to the neigbors' with both dogs on the leash. I made them both sit by my side while we chatted. They did exactly that. I got a lot of complements on the good behavior of my boys. Spot is still wary of strangers, so I have to warn people that he bites, but they still insist on getting near him. He's very possessive of me and won't let anyone near. Meg just sits there and stares at me. He won't let me out of his sight. People have been amazed that Meg watches my every move, waiting for his next instruction. Yeah, my boys are good. If I could only break Spot from barking I'd have it made. I'm working on it. The neighbor wants to hire me to train her dog. I don't know... it's an 80 pound Malamute/Boxer mix who is only a year old. I could teach her a few things, but getting her worn out so that I have her attention might be a little tricky. She has a lot of energy, and she has to be on a logging chain because she is so strong. I told the neighbor that I would work with her for free a little bit, but no promises.
First - I need to get the neighbor to stop yelling. The dog should listen and obey at a whisper. Authority is silently earned, sometimes with a well-timed little kick though. I really hate it when people yell, and yell, and yell, the same commands over and over, while the dog ignores. A dog needs to hear and obey a normal command given in a normal tone immediately. It's not the neighbor's fault, that's just her way, but now I've got to show the dog that I'm serious without raising my voice. It just raises the challenge level a little. No biggie.

I guess I just don't like yelling.

Well, I'm going to run to the Post Office now before the guy leaves at noon. I think the package may be bigger than my box, so he will be holding it behind the counter.

You have a great day!

MsAmber

No comments: