Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ok, I'm late posting this morning.

I worked on making a few necklaces and earring sets last night, and watched "Steel Magnolias" on the Oxygen Channel. I invited Andrea over but she was a little drunk and talked through most of the movie. Still, she managed to make a necklace and a pair of earrings that turned out quite nice. I've been just hanging out this morning, I finally made myself a bowl of corn meal mush with orange marmalade. Mmm Mmm good.
I was too confident that the temperature outside would stay above freezing so I turned off the faucet in the bathroom. It froze up overnight and I have no water in the bathroom. Maybe it will thaw today. I should have checked the weather. There's no excuse for being that careless when two clicks on the computer would have let me know that another cold front was moving in. It was just so nice and pleasant outside yesterday. I had the door open all day until about 9:30 last night, that's when I started to feel a chill.
Today I must load up all the laundry and drive to Warrensburg. It's 9 miles. I keep thinking that I would like to find an electric wringer washer. The method being: fill it with soapy water and let it agitate the light coloreds, then wring into a rinse tub, then wring into a second rinse tub with fabric softener or bluing, then wring and hang. Then put in the next darker load and repeat. It's so water conservative to do it that way, because you re-use the soapy water and the rinse waters. The only one you may have to change is the first rinse when it gets too soapy. You can do all your laundry in one day, and keep adding a pot of boiling water to the washer when it's level goes down. You know, usually I spend $15.00 in quarters at the laundromat and drive 18 miles round trip weekly. A wringer washer would pay for itself in two months, and save a lot of water. I can get my mean water usage down to 3 gallons a day if it weren't for laundry. That's bathing, dishes, flushing, and drinking/cooking. 3 gallons a day is not bad. I keep thinking to myself: what if I had to hand-carry my water, how conservative would I get?
One little obstacle is that some of the RV parks I've stayed in don't allow clotheslines because they look bad. Shoot. Because they "look bad"? Gimme a break. I'm not doing my laundry that way because I'm unemployed and destitute, it's a choice. That is just as bad as covenant-controlled communities. I really have a problem with that concept also. I know people who have to show a paint swatch to the community controller to get approval to paint their houses, and what's funny is: the paint color has to exactly match their palette of approved colors. Not beige, but "linen beige". Too hilarious for words, and definitely not something I would ever subject myself to, I don't care how wealthy I could become.
Well, it's nearly 11:00. I need to dress and motivate towards the laundromat.
You have a great day.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: