Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm much warmer, thanks.

Oh yeah. It's much better down here.
I think I'll stay a while.
Had a good laugh yesterday:
The landlady came over to see if I needed anything and we visited a moment. She asked me if I was in tech support, then let me know that she had looked me up and read my blog. I know how easy it is to search for me, I have a huge presence all over the internet, but it caught me by surprise. Especially since my last entry was titled "I got 25 bucks and a cracker". Too funny. It's interesting when you meet someone who reads your work, you wonder just what kind of impression you have made. I figured that she read the current month and then clicked on November 2005.

The pup is starting to get into the routine. He and I had a meeting of the minds yesterday. I took both boys for a walk and we went up a firebreak. I put the leash on Spot and let it drag on the ground. We went to the end of the firebreak and next thing I know he's bolting across a road and ignoring my calls. I ran and got him and we walked back, this time with leash in hand. I walked the boys over to the pond and I sat down in a lawnchair. I parked one dog on each side and told them to sit. 30 seconds later, one of them gets up. I make him sit and stay. We did this exercise for about half an hour until both boys figured out that I wasn't kidding and they quit trying to get up. When I say sit and stay they both should reconcile themselves to the concept of submission. I'm not only alpha, but I control the food too. It was a good exercise, Meg needed the reminder also, he's been a little spoiled lately and doesn't listen too well either. The good news is: they are getting along just fine. Meg hasn't been too pushy, and they curl up together on the bench seat of the truck.
Well, this morning I've got to pack up and move further south. Gosh, I'm jonesing for a cigarette. It's hard to drink my morning coffee without one.
I'm thinking Abbeville, LA.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: