Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Abbeville, Vermilion Parish, Louisiana

Here am I.
There are green leaves on the trees, and green grass on the ground. Woo Hoo! Just as I knew there would be. I found a nice country setting, I'm in the RV park and I picked a nice back corner to call my own. My canopy is up, and I have a tether for Spot, and a picnic table. I grilled my first meal here last night and went to bed early. I'm really looking forward to doing some exploring. I think I may start by exploring for a laundromat. Ah, the neverending quest for clean clothes.
I didn't fare so well in my attempt to quit smoking. I bought another pack yesterday, but it's alright, I'll just keep trying until I succeed (or die trying).
I went to the Wal-Mart yesterday for butter, milk, and a dog collar for Spot. Everyone was wearing shorts. I'm not ready to take that leap yet, but I can see a time in the near future when my legs will peep their brilliant whiteness at the world.
I thought I was the only one awake at this terrible hour. I see a lady walking her Chihuahua out there right now. She looks like the walking dead, but like I said before: we all look butt-ugly in the mornings. Thank goodness for curling irons and makeup.
Abbeville is south of Lafayette, and not too far from Avery Island: THE home of Tabasco. I want to tour the Tabasco factory. I'm sitting pretty with a little money still in the bank and all my bills are paid up. Until the 7th of February, at least. First priority is to get a P.O. Box so I can get my mail forwarded. This RV park has that "no clotheslines" rule, but it's stated: "No clotheslines or other lines tied to trees." So I think that means I can tie it to my canopy.
Another cool little tidbit: Abbeville is 16 feet above sea level. I guess I could do worse. Parts of New Orleans are below sea level and that's what the pumps and levies were made for: to keep the water pumped out and barrier. At least I'm not below sea level, right?
I'm going to make a good breakfast and put on some comfortable walking shoes and go exploring today. This new town should meet me. Today I may concentrate on just the places within walking distance. It would be nice to get out from under my heavy gas-hog of a truck. Give it a rest, if you will. Poor thing is overworked anyway hauling this rig around.
Do I buy a bicycle or a wringer washer? Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.
You have a great day.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: