Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today, I'm getting out.

No, really. I'm going to fire up the truck and go see what's around.
I didn't feel like going anywhere yesterday, so I did my laundry by hand and hung it outside, swept the floor, and read a book. I had the doors open and I just enjoyed the sunshine most of the day. It wasn't real warm out, mid 50s with a cool breeze, but not bad. The weather forecast is calling for a "hard freeze" by the end of the week, but daytime temperatures in the mid to upper 50s. The news has been reporting that the temperatures in the upper midwest are -35 and blizzard conditions. So sorry for those people, but so glad I'm not one of them.

I dreamed up a pattern for little ID/money holders with beaded embellishments. I have a perfectly clear image of what I would like to make and sell. I just need a sewing machine and swatches of fabric. I think they would sell real good down here.
So, do I buy a bicycle, sewing machine, or a wringer washer?
Goodness.

Early to bed, early to rise. I can't help but go to bed early. When it's dark out I get bored, all my chores are done. I turned on the TV and found that I get one channel: Channel 3. I watched the news and Wheel Of Fortune. I turned it off and went to bed after Wheel Of Fortune. So, this morning I beat the coffeemaker awake. It's set to start at 4:30. I turned it on at 4:10. At this hour, I can just let both dogs out without worrying. They go take care of business and come right back. No distractions and it's too dark and spooky to go exploring. Now if they would just do that during the day, I'd have it made. Meg shakes his collar to signal that he wants back in, and Spot was right there with him. Nothing like having one good dog to train the next.

On my to-do list for today: I must get a P.O. Box and have my mail forwarded. The W-2 from my job should be printed soon and I need to give them an address to send it. I'm not sure what to do about the Oklahoma state taxes this year. I haven't lived in Oklahoma all year. Should I get a refund from them? I'll figure all that out soon enough. I paid a helluva lot of taxes last year. It's shocking to look at the numbers. Are we sure this isn't a communist country? Ok, just checking.

Funny me. I thought today was Valentine's day. I'm off by a whole month.
Well, I'm going to run through the shower and dress warmly for my adventure. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Have a great day.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: