Sunday, January 11, 2009

I got 25 bucks and a cracker, do you think it's enough?

My situation reminds me of a Tori Amos song:
"I got 25 bucks and a cracker, do you think it's enough? To get us there?"
I had one of my meltdowns and was tired of being cold, and my water freezing up and the futility of my job and I decided to put in for an "indefinite leave of absence". I am headed to Louisiana. I said I'm going to head south and when I see a shrimp boat, I'll stop.
I picked up another dog - guess what kind... A blue heeler! How did you know?
I left Knob Noster Missouri and headed through Norman. I was in the parking lot when they opened. I did my out-processing paperwork and turned in a final expense report and drove off. I was out of there by 9:00 am. I stopped in Ardmore to visit friends and get a good nights' sleep, that's where I picked up "Spot". Spot used to be grandpa's dog but when he died, the dog wound up as part of the pack at Terry's house. They have too many dogs and Spot has some health concerns, so it seemed only natural that he would go with me.
I'm outside of Natchitoches (pronounced: Nak-O-Tosh)and I have green grass under my feet and I'm no longer frozen. I went ahead and paid to get the rig washed. I was sick of looking at the salt and grime from Missouri, so now I'm cleaned up and moving south!
Everybody wonders: Where's your plan? Do you have a Job lined up? What are you going to do?
My answer is "Nope". I have no plan. I have no job. I have no idea. I'm just going. I've always wanted to live in southern Louisiana, and I will figure it out when I get there. I'm on a tight budget, which involves quitting smoking. That's fine. Nobody but the dogs has to put up with my grumpy ass anyway.
So here I start my new adventure. I'm not scared, I know I can do it just fine. I have plenty of groceries and dog food, and actually I'm rather excited to finally be following my dream.
I'll let you all know how things are going.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: