Friday, January 16, 2009

I KNEW the dogs understood english!

This morning I woke up just a little bit later than usual. It was 5:13, and I was concerned that the neighbor may be walking her little chihuahua. My boys usually go out at 4:30, and they are back inside before she walks hers at 5:00. So I let the boys out with a reprimand: "You go potty, come right back!", and that's exactly what they did. They went to the stump and peed all over it and ran back to the steps to be let in. Both of them, and the first one back was Spot. See, I knew they understood me, they just fake it with their "No habla ingles" looks. Now I have proof. I bet they both get their cards pulled by the "League of Intelligent Animals' Revenge Club" ("L.I.A.R. Club" for short) for letting that secret slip to the human.

I made a pot of black-eyed peas with bacon for dinner, and I have leftovers for today.

It's Friday and I see that most of the campsites here have "reserved" signs on them. The landlord told me this was a busy weekend, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. There are no festivals planned that I know of. I see that Monday is MLK Jr. day, maybe it's actually observed down here with paid holidays off. Wouldn't that be something?

I hung out the dork lights on the canopy, and I hung the clear Christmas lights back up inside the trailer: just because I think they're pretty. Today being Friday, I need to clean house and make everything kosher for the Sabbath. I also need to break out the beading supplies. I made a bunch of pouches, now I just need to embellish them with the beads and get them packaged up.
I have a busy day planned.

Since I'm in a fairly permanent place (for a month, at least) I need to start walking the dogs around on the leash and exposing them to situations where I expect them to heel or stop. Spot could use the training, and Meg could use the reminders. Meg knows to stop beside the road and wait for my command before crossing, but Spot just bolts right out onto the road. Dummy doesn't know any better. I need to teach him to stop. Scares me to death that I can't call that dog to a halt. He has a lot of potential, but he has that typical "don't beat me" look when you are getting onto him for something. I'm always embarrassed by that; like people think I beat my dog, when actually it's common for that breed to hunker down when you are fussing at them.
Spot's getting a bath today for sure!

You have a great day.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: