Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yesterday I cleaned...

I went to the Winn Dixie grocery store and bought more dogfood and groceries. I'm completely stocked up on the essentials. I have about a months' worth of dogfood, both wet and dry; enough rice to feed a village for a week; some frozen chicken thighs and drumsticks; and I splurged on three things: Pierogies which I love; fresh strawberries, ripe- on sale; and a lemon cake which I also adore. I needed coffee mainly, the price they are asking for the brand I like almost gives you a heart-attack. $9 for a big can! Oh, and I also bought a 12-pack of coke, another unnecessary luxury. Yeah, I went all-out! You'd think I was having a party or something.
I came back to the camper and put away the groceries, then I bathed both dogs and brushed them well, and started cleaning. I moved most of the furniture outside, put all the dirty laundry in the truck, swept the carpet thoroughly, vacuumed, and shampoo'd the carpets. Then I dusted and windexed the glass, cleaned the bathroom, rearranged the furniture and brought it all back in, changed the bedsheets, fired up the charcoal grill, refilled and washed my oil-lamps, did the dishes, and hauled off the trash. Whew!
I grilled two chicken-leg quarters and reheated yesterday's black-eyed peas for dinner, and I lit the Sabbath lamp at 5: a full half-hour early. My chores were done so the Sabbath could start a half-hour sooner. My back was aching a little so I took two advil, watched some tv, and went to bed by 8.
Yep, I'm a freak. I had thawed the lemon cake for dessert and forgot all about it. Today, I get to eat cake and drink coke! What a treat.
I'm going to get out the camera and see about taking a few good pics of both dogs. I don't have any good pictures of Spot yet. Let's see how photogenic he is.
You have a great day,
MsAmber

No comments: