Thursday, January 15, 2009

So far today...


I started sewing on my new little project, and did the dishes, and drank two pots of coffee. I decided it was time for a little break. The sun is shining, and it's rather warm out today, so I took the dogs for a walk down one of the trails. It's a 1 mile trail. I let Spot run with the leash dragging, and I had to keep reminding him to "wait for me", and they would stop and let me catch up before prancing on ahead. It was a good little walk, nothing spectacular to see except a bunch of upturned trees.
We came back to the trailer and I made a bowl of ramen noodles and was listening to some music when all of a sudden I noticed how noisy it got. I turned off the music and there was a loud cacophany of what sounded like rusty swingsets. I mean it was really loud. You know the sound when kids are swinging on the swingset and the chains go "scree scree scree scree" over and over. I looked out the door and saw that a flock of birds had settled in the trees right outside my door. This cardinal watched me the whole time. I got my camera out and snapped a couple of pictures. When I came over to my desk and loaded them onto the computer, all of a sudden the noise just stopped and the entire flock flew away. Now, I just hear silence.
It was really cool.
Here's my Cardinal.
MsAmber

No comments: