Sunday, January 25, 2009

The barometric pressure is high

But the temperature turned cool yesterday. It rained gently several times, and the humidity was at 100%. Interesting. I calibrated the barometer a few weeks ago, so it's correct. I just wonder how it could be cool and rainy with a high barometric reading?

I think I'm going to start a picture blog called "Silly things I see". One of my neighbors has a propane tank sitting on a top-post truck battery. If it were to shift 1 inch, it would be shorting across both posts. I need to take a picture of it so you can all see this. I would be very careful: just removing the tank from on top of the battery, one slip and... Kablooey!

I did my taxes. I nearly cried. My w-4 I claimed 0, single no dependents, with an additional $20 per week taken out. I assumed this would give me a good refund this year. Nope. I've jumped into the 25% tax bracket. If I hadn't had the extra $20 per week contribution, I would have wound up owing over $500. Instead I get back $531. I really anticipated a thousand back or better. I moved up from the 15% tax bracket to the 25% tax bracket. Unfknblvbl.
"A fine is a tax for doing poorly. A tax is a fine for doing well." I read that on a billboard once. So true.

Regarding the job search: Now that my RCDD is expired, I'm getting calls from New York, New Jersey, and Virginia. They want a current RCDD. My resume plainly states that it's expired. Apparently these people are nearly illiterate, or are only searching for the keywords without actually reading the resume.

I put in "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar", and I'm laughing at seeing Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes getting into drag. I have seen John Leguizamo in other movies I'm sure, but for the life of me I can't pick him out.
I'm going to look him up now to see what he looks like out of drag.

Update: HE was Tibault - Prince of Cats in the movie Romeo & Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio. Dang, I would have never recognized him. That's too funny.

You have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: