Saturday, January 24, 2009

On Wifeswap last night...

There was a Rastafarian wife with 4 children. She and her husband didn't believe in consumerism, discipline, or brushing/cutting hair, and they home-schooled.
There was a spreadsheet wife and a military husband. They had three children. They believe in chores, discipline, and materialism.
The Rastafarian family kept saying "Ja will provide", and the kids were pretty well adjusted - a little on the wild side, but harmless characters.
The disciplined family had all kinds of issues - "life is unfair" and "I don't get enough attention", issues.
In all fairness, there was a big difference in ages. The Rastafarian kids were young, and the disciplined kids were pre-teen to teen. But still...
I saw the preview of the show as I was walking out the door. I really wanted to stick around and see how that worked out.
I never got into watching Wifeswap, but for some reason this match intrigued me. I know that they choose polar opposites to match up just to make for good viewing, like the really Christian lady swapped with the pagan astrologer. They really made the Christian lady out to be some kind of kook. "Tainted! You're all tainted!"
It's all in fun, I suppose, and the participants get paid.

Hey, the sun is shining and it's silently drizzling outside this morning. You wouldn't know it was raining if you didn't see it coming down. How pretty! You should see what I'm seeing. It smells good too.
Good thing I already walked the boys.

Speaking of the boys: Spot has blood in his stool. Oh goodie, another vet bill coming right up. I've had him for exactly two weeks. It's a considerable amount of blood, so I have to get him in to the vet's soon. Dammit!
Terry and Rhonda... You might want to check the rest of the pack. Hopefully, it's just worms.

I went out last night and shot a few games of pool. I had 4 beers and a red-bull-and-vodka, the music was mainly zydeco with everyone singing along except me: I've never heard most of the songs before. It was a hoot. I don't have a hangover this morning, that's good. It was a nice small smoky place and the owner's sister was having a birthday. The people down here have such a crazy accent. One little gal seemed like we would be good friends, she is as ornery as I am. Ah, good times.

Anyhoo, I gotta get ready for the day. The sun is shining, the birds are a-singin' and the air is warm.

Have a great day.
MsAmber

No comments: