Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday in Missouri

Gosh, I'm exhausted.
I couldn't get out of bed to save my life this morning. I hit snooze about 10 times, if it weren't for the need to go pee, I'd probably still be under the covers. The worst night of cramping, back-aching, and sweating I can imagine. It was too cold to stay out from under the covers, then too hot to stay under the covers. I tossed and turned all night. Sleep finally came, then my alarm went off.
I drank a cup of coffee at 6:00 pm. That may have contributed to my problem, but it's never affected me that badly before. I also woke up with no desire to put sugar in my coffee. I wanted black coffee this morning, I even anticipated how good it would taste. I used to drink my coffee black, but then I got in the habit of sugar and milk. I think I'm going to be drinking it black from now on. Strange how one night could cause me to forswear sugar.
I have a building to cutover this morning. Then I think I will spend the rest of the day unloading and rearranging the back of my truck. I'm hauling too much weight back there. Junk, stuff, and lagniappe.
I got a call from my ex-husband yesterday. He informed me of the death of my father-in-law yesterday morning. My father-in-law and I were fairly close. He loved me like a daughter. That may have contributed to my funky night. I'm hoping I just acquired a new guardian angel. I miss my in-laws. That's one terrible thing about divorce: you lose a whole family. I called them Mom and Dad, just like they were my own, and I could talk to them about anything. Even with their old-fashioned sensibilities, they always tried to relate.
Anyway, I gotta go to work and it does me no good to get all worked up and teary-eyed beforehand.
Have a great day.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: