Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Obstacles to Overcome.

I have a couple of obstacles to overcome today.
Nothing earth-shattering, mind you. Just little aggravations.
I am somewhat stuck in Joplin, MO.
I had anticipated having all this week off, so I cut my finances a bit close.
I paid my Cellphone bill early, I paid my trailer payment early. I bought parts to fix up my truck, and I had a cheap place to park my rig.
Yesterday morning, as I was tearing down the truck to install a new power steering pump, I received a call asking me to get to Whiteman AFB in Missouri.
I told them that I needed my mileage in order to drive that far.
He said they aren't paying mileage but he would get me my next two weeks' perdiem deposited overnight. I knew I only had about $160 in the bank.
I fixed up my truck, gassed up and rigged up, and headed that way. I drove all night. I got to Joplin MO at 1:00 this morning and pulled off into an RV park.
I slept for 6 hours and woke up with a bad headache. I made my coffee and logged on to my online banking only to discover that I have $19.00 left. I have to pay $30.00 for the RV park this morning. I bought 5 tanks of gas and paid $17.00 in tolls, and I have a headache, and I find that they didn't deposit my perdiem. I'm a little aggravated. Plus, I need propane. My feet are cold. I need a shower. I need the Advil to kick this derned headache. My skin is sore from being scrubbed with Dawn dishsoap, and I have scrapes on my arms from yesterday's wrenching. They are stinging a bit. I'm waiting for the office to open up so I can get them to wire the money into my account this morning before I leave here, so I can pay for my parking spot. Aargh!
Sometimes it's a bitch, Sometimes it's a breeze.
I'll probably be able to think my way through this pickle just as soon as this headache goes away.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: