Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy happy Thanksgiving!

Good morning everyone!
It's supposed to be a beautiful day today, and we have the Thanksgiving gathering this afternoon at 2. I'm going to see some aunts, uncles, and cousins that I haven't seen in years. I'm taking the game Pente over, just in case any of the nieces or nephews wants to play. It's simple and fairly quick.
I woke up at 5:45 because I'm all excited about today, I may even paint my fingernails.
I have been stuffed with so much food this week. I'll have to fast for a month to work it off. Deserts after every meal.

Grandma was putting together a fruit desert to take today, and I stood around to watch. She was crushing cranberries. They looked so plump and red and pretty, and I realized I've never tasted a fresh cranberry so I asked her for one.
Ewww, gross, blech, urg! Those things are awful! Not a lesson I'm going to repeat anytime soon. I can't imagine the first time somebody ate one. "Hmmm. Maybe with a little sugar?" I would have determined that they were inedible. So bitter. My Dad always liked to say: "Can you imagine the first guy to eat an egg? He saw this thing coming out of a chicken's ass and said I wonder what THAT would taste like?" Ha haaa.

I just about laughed myself silly the other night. Grandpa said he thought the ham would be good on Rye bread with mustard. I concurred. A couple of times that day he had mentioned mustard. I thought maybe he just had a craving for it. We sat down to eat: Pinto beans and rice, ham, and sweet potatoes. I saw Grandpa pour mustard all over his sweet potato and I thought to myself: "Boy, he must have some craving for mustard." My Dad saw him do it too, and he thought: "I've never put mustard on a sweet potato before, maybe I'll try it." About halfway through the meal, Grandpa exclaimed: "Goodness, I thought that Ham tasted funny until I just now realized that I've been eating sweet potato!" My Dad and I just about fell out of our chairs. I've been giggling about it ever since. From now on, I'm sure everyone will serve him mustard with his sweet potatoes.

Well, I got to get moving. Dishes to do, shower to take, makeup to paint on my face. I'm really excited about today!
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: