Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Is it really Wednesday already?


Stop the clock. This week is just flying by. Gosh it seems like I just got here.
I slept in until 7:20 this morning. Drank coffee in my trailer, then went into Grandma's house and drank some more. I spliced the cable on her vacuum cleaner, took a shower, now I'm back out in the trailer drinking my Red Bull and getting ready to clean it up. Gosh, I let it get so dusty-dirty in here. I've been running around all week and haven't spent any time in the trailer. The half-gallon of milk that I bought last night has a hole in the bottom, so a quart leaked out and dripped into the lunchmeat drawer. What a mess! I poured the rest into a little water jug that I usually keep and now I have to clean the refrigerator. I don't want to pour that mess into my sink-drain because I'm having to retain all my gray water while I'm here and I don't want sour milk in the tank.
I'm still having a wonderful time. It feels good to be wanted by your family.
I scored a copy of the picture of my Grandparents' wedding in 1947. What a prize!
I want to run over to the store and get a frame for it and hang it on the wall. I'll scan it in and share it with you.
Since Grandpa had his stroke, he has been working real hard to get moving again. When he stands up, he musters all his willpower to make his legs walk. He has this really endearing habit now of humming a marching tune and marches in place for a second then taking a step forward. That's how he makes himself walk. I see the consternation on his face when he makes himself start to march, like it takes a lot of patience but then he makes himself cheer up and gets to moving. I admire him so much. He marches around the house like a soldier. He doesn't give up, and he actually walks a lot. He won't be made to stay in a chair for very long. Amazingly enough, I don't see either of them popping pills. Grandfather is 86 and Grandmother is 77, they have been married for 61 1/2 years. They are both still very sharp and quick witted, no dulling of the senses or slowness of thought at all! I really have a hard time believing that they are that advanced in age. I know people who are younger by 20 - 30 years that are completely falling apart. Grandmother's neighbor is one: ready for the assisted living center.
Well, enough about that. Puts me in a sad frame of mind to think of it.
Work called but I didn't have my phone with me, I was worried so I called them first thing. Turns out they didn't pay me for 11 hours in September, so I have an extra check coming. Wonderful! I've been being extra conservative these last couple of weeks because I didn't know how much driving I would have to do, and you know that my gasoline expense just kills my budget. It took 5 tanks of gas just to get here. I still have to be extra careful, you never know if I'll be dispatched to the East Coast or something, and I need to have a little saved back for that kind of expense. But at least I don't have to worry so much about it.
Well, I need to get crackin' on this trailer, it ain't gonna clean itself no matter how much hoodoo I put on it.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

No comments: