Monday, December 08, 2008

Monday again.

Good morning.
How very fortunate I am. I still have water and drainage.
The trailer is considerably warmer inside than it was before I put the canvas around.
I feel pretty good about everything right now.

I pretty much stayed indoors this weekend. I didn't get out so I didn't get cold.

An older male neighbor came by on Saturday. He had seen me working on my underpinning on Friday. He waited until I was done and came by to see if I needed any help. How funny.
I asked if he had an adapter 30 amp male to 110 female, he left to go check. He came back without one, but decided to tell me all about electricity, and how I need to get that milk-house heater on another circuit because it may be pulling too many amps and that's why it keeps tripping the breaker. He even went so far as to explain that one appliance may be pulling 10 amps and another 5 amps and it's only a 15 amp breaker... duh! I had already explained the reason I wanted the adapter is because I want to move the milk-house heater to the circuit on the pedestal. It's on the GCFI circuit inside, so whenever it cuts itself off, it trips the breaker. I had to listen to him go on and on about what I should do. I really dislike being lectured on what I already know, but I didn't argue I just let him talk. He didn't come up with any usable solutions, the most absurd of which was to cut the end off of an extension cord and just stick the bare wires into the outlet on the pedestal. I told him no. Old men like him are the reason I can't stand to work with them. I suppose he thinks he was explaining something complicated to a simple girl, and he's sure that I rejected his reasonable idea because I'm afraid of the mystery of electricity. Instead, I perceive him as a dumbass who would burn my trailer down with his dumbass idea.
(Sigh). I'm so misunderstood.
Why do men think they know things by virtue of being men? And why would they assume I don't know? Good grief!
Three of the guys from the crew dropped by to see my winter solution. They were impressed. I showed them the snaps that I used. Greg said if he would have done this then he would still have his RV here. He took his RV back to Oklahoma when the weather turned cold because he froze up too, and now he's in a motel. I have to say that I think I did a pretty good job making a skirt for my trailer. It cost quite a bit, but it will last. The oiled canvas is water repellent and mildew proof, and it's heavy enough that it won't blow. I paid $250 for all this canvas, and another $35 for all the snap kits, then it took me about 6 hours to manufacture it into a custom skirt. Voila'.
Well, I have ranted enough for one morning.
Thanks for listening.
MsAmber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the most resourcefully woman I have every met, way to go MsAmber..!

P.S. Dad's doing fine..